Fleet Management is the management of a company’s fleet of cars, vans or trucks. Its purpose is to remove or at least minimize the risks associated with maintaining a vehicle fleet, to reduce costs, and to improve productivity and efficiency.
It should also ensure that the Government’s Duty Of Care legislation is fully complied with.
What does Fleet Vehicle Management cover?
Vehicle Fleet Management covers a number of areas, including:-
- Choosing the right Vehicle Financing from all the Business Car Leasing Options available
- Vehicle Maintenance – Routine Servicing, Maintenance Contracts, Breakdown Services
- Vehicle Telematics (Tracking and Diagnostics)
- Driver Management
- Fuel Management and Fuel Cards
- Accident Management
- Health & Safety Management
- Making sure Duty Of Care legislation is adhered to
A company can either run these fleet management services in-house, or outsource them to one of the many fleet management companies who specialize in such matters.