Are Green Vehicles Good Value When It Comes To Car Leasing?
So What Exactly Are Green Cars?
A Green Vehicle, or environmentally friendly vehicle, is a car or van that produces a less harmful effect on the environment than conventional petrol or diesel powered vehicles. Such vehicle types include hybrid electric, plug-in electric, hydrogen and fuel cell, natural gas, biodiesel and ethanol fuel. However, the term ‘Green Vehicle’ is more informally used to describe any vehicle that has very low CO2 emissions and has high fuel economy (mpg), as such vehicles reduce carbon emissions and improve energy efficiency. So, the lower the CO2 emissions of the car you are driving, the more you are helping to protect the environment.
Why Should I Drive A Green Car?
In a nutshell, so that you can be kind to the environment and save money on your motoring costs – a truly Win-Win situation!
Here are the main Benefits Of Driving Green Cars:-
- You are helping to preserve the environment in which we live
- You will save money as better fuel economy will result in lower fuel bill
- Lower Road Tax – no tax if less than 100g/km, 100-120g/km only £35, no tax in 1st year if less than 130g/k
- Save on Company Car Tax (Benefit In Kind) if you drive a vehicle with lower CO2 emissions
- Businesses that run a fleet of green cars can market themselves as environmentally friendly
- The London Congestion Charge is waived for green vehicles that emit 100g/km of CO2 or less and meet the Euro 5 standard for air quality, as well as electric and hybrid vehicles. Visit www.tfl.gov.uk for full details.
Green Cars Guide
As new models are being introduced at an ever increasing rate, there are now many Green Cars available that are far from slow and boring. You can now get Green Vehicles in all the main categories including small hatchbacks, family saloons, coupes, cabriolets, 7 seaters, automatics, people carriers, estate cars and even 4x4s.
If you’re looking for a car with a CO2 level below 100g/km (thus avoiding the London Congestion Charge), check out these models: – Smart ForTwo, Fiat 500, Ford Fiesta TDCi Duratorq, Seat Ibiza Tdi Ecomotive, Skoda Fabia, Toyota Auris, Toyota Prius, VW Polo and Volvo C30.
Other low emission cars in their class include Honda Insight, Volvo V50 DRIVe, Ford Focus Econetic, Audi A1 Tdi, Peugeot 107 Urban, Mini Clubman, Audi A3 Cabriolet, Honda CR-Z Coupe, BMW 118D, Nissan Note, Ford C-Max and VW Tiguan Bluemotion. These are some of the best green cars around at the moment. Check out this article about the Top 10 Green Cars To Watch In 2011.
If you’re wondering how Green Car leasing rates compare to less environmentally friendly vehicles, these Green Car Leasing deals will give you an idea. This proves that being green doesn’t have to cost you a fortune.
If you’d like to learn more about Car Leasing, then you’re welcome to:-
- Sign up for the Car Leasing Guide RSS Feed
- Subscribe to our Blog and receive each new Blog Post direct to your email inbox
- Check out ‘The Car Lease Guide eBook – A Plain English Guide To Car Leasing’